Music FunTime Class
START ANYTIME! ALL OF OUR MUSIC PROGRAMS ARE YEAR ROUND
Music FunTime is different than the typical preschool music program.
Music FunTime is not a simple play group where children sing, dance, jump, and play instruments. We offer an innovated new program, geared from the John-Hopkins Research that children 7 and under can learn to read music notation and symbols, eventually, learning to play instruments.
Through crafts, worksheets, games, instruments, signing, and very small group classes, we teach children in a fun and exciting way, how to play and read music. Class excitement has proven over and over, the children's enthusiasm to look forward to weekly music lessons.
Our goal in the program over time is to graduate all students into private music lessons also offered here at Dance-N-Magic.
For more information on the curriculm: http://musicfuntime.org/
What are all of the fees involved?
Annual Registration fee: $40/student for the year (free for dance students!)
Monthly Tuition: $69/month
Materials fee: $20/month (includes backpack, learning materials, and instruments)
Recital fee: TBD due May 15 (last year $130 per family all inclusive with unlimited tickets, DVD, T-shirt, and award)
What will my child be learning?
- Your child will become familiar with the traits of diverse instruments through hands on experiences.
- Your child will learn the visual language of music.
- Your child will experience the joy of creating music with others.
- Your child will learn music principles related to rhythm, sequencing, and variety.
- Your child will learn to identify music instruments and principals.
What are some of the benefits?
- Increased coordination and spacial intelligence.
- Support discipline and time management.
- Awareness of pattern recognition.
- Music helps develop language and creativity.
- Music has been shown to make one happier.
What can I expect on the first Day?
- You can expect a Rhythm Kit filled with instruments and learning tools for use
- Age appropriate out of class worksheets
- Musical games to support instrument and note recognition
- Audio and visual resources
- Friendly,experienced, passionate educator
Maurisa, Music FunTime parent
People can't believe that Courtney is four years old and reading music. Courtney loves the crafts, interaction with other children, and the performances. As an educator, I see all of the benefits of learning music at a young age and how it is developing her reading and math skills. The teacher is great with kids and knows how to get them to work hard while having fun!