Performance Dance Teams
Performance Dance Teams are for Intermediate and Advance Dancers who want to perform more!
We at Dance–N–Magic are dedicated to keeping our dance teams FUN, ALL INCLUSIVE, EDUCATIONAL, and CONFIDENCE BUILDING!
- Learn Teamwork and make friends!
- Be surrounded by committed dancers who love to learn, perform, and share your passion!
- Everyone is a star on the team!
- Learn good sportsmanship!
- Education-based lesson plans!
- Learn to set and achieve goals!
We at Dance-N-Magic believe that students learn more in a small group setting. That is why each of our teams have no more than 10 students. Although dancing with a big group can be fun and exciting, so we do one large production number together too! We will perform at Community Events and 2 regional competitions. We will also volunteer as a group to help enrich the community. Having teams with limited practice hours and limited competitions help dramatically reduce stress and fees for parents and students. It puts the focus on FUN and TEAM WORK. We will also have the opportunity to attend master classes and conventions. Taking classes from Master Instructors gives the students an opportunity to learn in a different, fast-paced environment; and to learn new styles of teaching. Competition fees, costume fees, and uniform fees will apply, if you have questions about these, please let us know.
** 25% OFF Tuition for Multiple Class Discount applies per hour long class, If you are on multiple teams and/or take other classes, see details.
** Unlimited Class Pass is for dancers who are taking 3 or more hours per week. This is a wonderful opportunity to add on as many teams, classes, styles, and technique as you would like! $145 per month for the first student on your account, $130 for each additional student
You can choose to compete a solo, duet, trio, or join a Dance Team! Solos, Duets, and Trios offer individual instructor attention and custom choreography.
Students will be in both a small group piece and a production number. Additional technique class required. For Hip Hop Teams, Hip Hop technique and conditioning. For Boys Team, Break Dance. For Contemporary, Ballet Barre. For Tap, Pre-Team Tap.
- 2015/2016: Mini Hip Hop Team, ages 6-8, Saturdays
- 2015/2016: Boys Only Hip Hop Team, ages 6-15, Fridays
- 2015/2016: Mini/Jr Tap Team, ages 6-10, Saturdays
- 2015/2016: Jr. Hip Hop Team, ages 8-12, Saturdays
- 2015/2016: Jr./Sr. Contemporary Team, ages 8-15, Fridays
- 2015/2016: Sr. Hip Hop Team, ages 12+, Saturdays
- 2015/2016: Adult Team, ages 16+, Wednesdays
Elite Dance Team members are chosen by the choreographer and invited to join a specific piece. This is based off of skill, hard work, attendance, and positive attitude. They will perform this piece at the community events and competitions. Students must attend a technique class and one other team or recreational class.
- 2015/2016 Petite Elite Team, ages 6-8, Thursdays
- 2015/2016 Junior Elite Team, ages 9-12, Thursdays
- 2015/2016 Elite Performance Team, ages 12+, Saturdays
For those students ready to learn at an intermediate level, but may not want to commit to performances. This may also count as your technique class for some teams.
- 2015/2016: Pre-Team Ballet, Jazz Thursdays 6:30pm
- 2015/2016: Pre-Team Tap, Hip Hop Saturdays 11:45am
Boys Only Hip Hop Competition Dance Team will practice for 1.75 hours, once a week. Class includes original Choreography and Break Dance. Students will get the opportunity to learn 1 Hip Hop routine with original choreography to perform at competitions and recital. They will also be a part of the production dance.
- 2015/2016: Boys Only Hip Hop Team Fridays
Our Adult Team will learn 2 routines to perform at the community performances and competitions and recital. The style of dances are to be determined by vote. They will not have a costume fee, please set aside funds to put together your own costume. It is highly recommended you enroll in separate Adult classes for technique.
- 2015/2016: Adult Dance Team Wednesdays
We are a commitment based team. We do not have an audition process, you get placed on the Team when you register for that class. Students who enroll must commit to:
- Reading, understanding, and following the team guidelines provided at the beginning of the year.
- Having good attendance.
- Arriving to class early to give you enough time to prepare, review, and stretch.
- Doing the dances Full Out in practice with facial expressions every time. No marking unless directed to do so.
- Learning the choreography given.
- Practicing and stretching at home.
- Attending all competition, practice, and performance dates
- Keeping focused in class
- Completing any homework the instructor assigns
- To participating the entire season, Sept.-mid June.
Summer Dance Camps are highly recommended to keep up on technique over the summer. If students choose to be in both recreational and competition classes, they will receive a discount. Ballet will will improve strength and flexibility, is highly recommended, and you will receive a discount on your tuition. Enjoy these wonderful and fulfilling styles as you build technique.
A note from Anna: Promoting Healthy Competition is very important to me. I, myself competed in an adult group for many years, as well as my young daughter. Healthy Competition to me means that the students feel they are growing and learning in an embracing environment where they feel like they can be themselves and strive to do their best! It also means that dance students live a balanced life with time for school, family, and other activities as well. Thank you for considering Dance–N–Magic!