Competition Dance is for Intermediate and Advance Dancers who want to perform more!
We at Dance–N–Magic are dedicated to keeping healthy competition teams FUN, ALL INCLUSIVE, EDUCATIONAL, and CONFIDENCE BUILDING!
- Learn Teamwork and make friends!
- Be surrounded by committed dancers who love to learn, perform, and share your passion!
- Everyone is a star on the team!
- Learn good sportsmanship!
- Education-based lesson plans!
- Learn to set and achieve goals!
We will perform at 2 regional competitions, and other community events throughout the year. We only attend adjudicated competitions with levels based on hours of dance per week and experience. Having teams with limited practice hours and limited competitions help dramatically reduce stress and fees for parents and students. We will also have the opportunity to attend master classes and conventions. Taking classes from Master Instructors gives the students an opportunity to learn in a different, fast-paced environment; and to learn new styles of teaching. Competition fees, costume fees, and uniform fees will apply, if you have questions about these, please let us know.
** 25% OFF Tuition for Multiple Class Discount applies per hour long class, If you are on multiple teams and/or take other classes, see details.
** Unlimited Class Pass is for dancers who are taking 3 or more hours per week. This is a wonderful opportunity to add on as many teams, classes, styles, and technique as you would like! $145 per month for the first student on your account, $130 for each additional student
You can choose to compete a solo, duet, trio, or join a Competition Dance Team! Solos, Duets, and Trios offer individual instructor attention and custom choreography.
Our Mini Dance Team is for Dancers Ages 5-8 who have had some Dance experience and are ready to take it to the next level! They practice for 1 hour , once a week. They will learn two dances, one to perform at the competitions and recital, one for recital only. It is highly suggested to take an additional separate Ballet class. This is a great introduction to competition dance!
- 2014/2015: Mini Tap, Jazz Team Mondays, 6:00-7:00pm, $59/month
- 2014/2015: Mini Hip Hop Team Saturdays, 9:00-10:00am, $59/month
Junior Competition Dance Teams is for Dancers age 8-12 who are ready to take dance to the next level. They will practice for 2-3 hours, once a week per team. Technique class and original choreography class is included. The Tap, Jazz Team will learn 1 Tap and 1 Jazz routine to perform at the competitions and recital, and will have an hour of Ballet Barre each week. The Hip Hip Team will learn 1 Hip Hop routine to perform at competitions and the recital, and will have an hour of Hip Hop technique and conditioning each week.
- 2014/2015: Junior Tap, Jazz Team Mondays 5:00-8:00pm, $145/month
- 2014/2015: Junior Hip Hop Team Saturdays 10:00am-noon, $103/month
Senior Competition Dance Teams are for Dancers ages 12-18 who are focused on improving skills each week. They will practice for 2-3 hours, once a week per team. Technique class and original choreography class is included. The Tap, Jazz Team will learn 1 Tap and 1 Jazz routine to perform at the competitions and recital, and will have an hour of Ballet Barre each week. The Hip Hip Team will learn 1 Hip Hop routine to perform at competitions and the recital, and will have an hour of Hip Hop technique and conditioning each week.
- 2014/2015: Senior Tap, Jazz Team Mondays 5:00-8:00pm, $145/month
- 2014/2015: Senior Hip Hop Team Saturdays 11:00am-1:00pm, $103/month
Boys Only Hip Hop Competition Dance Team will practice for 1.75 hours, once a week. Class includes original Choreography and Break Dance. Students will get the opportunity to learn 1 Hip Hop routine with original choreography to perform at competitions and recital.
- 2014/2015: Boys Only Hip Hop Team Fridays 6:00-7:45pm, $103/month
Students that show exceptional behavior, technique, good sportsmanship, good attendance, and are hard working will be chosen to be a part of a special performance team. This team will have one extra practice a week and will get the opportunity to perform 1 extra dance of the instructors choice. They also may get the opportunity to be involved in the choreography and they will be creating their own costume. This is an honor. The Performance Team will be chosen in May and will start practices in September.
Our Adult Team will learn 2 routines to perform at competitions and recital. The style of dances are to be determined by vote. They will not have a costume fee, please set aside funds to put together your own costume. It is highly recommended you enroll in separate Adult classes for technique.
- 2014/2015: Adult Dance Team Wednesdays 7:30-8:30pm $59/month
We are a commitment based team. We do not have an audition process, you get placed on the Team when you register for that class. Students who enroll must commit to:
- Reading, understanding, and following the team guidelines provided at the beginning of the year.
- Having good attendance.
- Arriving to class early to give you enough time to prepare, review, and stretch.
- Doing the dances Full Out in practice with facial expressions every time. No marking unless directed to do so.
- Learning the choreography given.
- Practicing and stretching at home.
- Attending all competition, practice, and performance dates
- Keeping focused in class
- Completing any homework the instructor assigns
- To participating the entire season, Sept.-mid June.
Summer Dance Camps are highly recommended to keep up on technique over the summer. If students choose to be in both recreational and competition classes, they will receive a discount. Ballet will will improve strength and flexibility, is highly recommended, and you will receive a discount on your tuition. Enjoy these wonderful and fulfilling styles as you build technique.
A note from Anna: Promoting Healthy Competition is very important to me. I, myself competed in an adult group for many years, as well as my young daughter. Healthy Competition to me means that the students feel they are growing and learning in an embracing environment where they feel like they can be themselves and strive to do their best! It also means that dance students live a balanced life with time for school, family, and other activities as well. Thank you for considering Dance–N–Magic!